Need a cute, sarcastic, or cheeky quote for your Thanksgiving letter board? I’ve got you covered with a long list. of more than 30 cute ideas to add some festivity to your home this holiday season!
Do you have a letter board in your home? I’ve had one for years and have always had the most fun coming up with unique and creative sayings to add to it. I am constantly browsing for inspiration, and there was a time where I changed mine up weekly!
Of course, my kids also love seeing what I add to the letter board when I change it up – it’s even been a really fun way to practice reading for my oldest child!
I don’t change my letter board quite as often as I used to these days, but I make an effort to switch it up at least monthly. It’s one of my favorite ways to acknowledge holidays and the changing seasons, and it always helps me get in the holiday spirit.
Of course, we all know the most fun time to switch up your letter board in your home is when a holiday is coming up and you can add something seasonally relevant. It’s so fun to come up with creative sayings for letter boards, and it adds some festive cheer!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, so today I’m sharing more than 30 cute quote ideas for your Thanksgiving letter board this year. My favorite quote to add to a letter board has a hefty dose of sarcasm and wit – but maybe you like something a littler on the sweeter side, so I added both silly and serious quotes!
Don’t have a letter board yet? Here are a few great gray and black felt letter boards for you!
These boards all come with plenty of movable white letters that you can use over and over. If you do already have a letter board and are looking to change things up a bit, did you know you can buy replacement letter board letters? They’re really affordable and they’re a great way to get a new look without having to replace the whole shebang.
Thanksgiving Letter Board Quotes
- Gobble til you wobble
- Leftovers are for quitters
- Give thanks, and pass the mashed potatoes
- Happy Thanksgiving! Remember to set your scales back 10 pounds this weekend
- Count your blessings, not your calories
- It’s getting lit with my pumpkin spice candles
- Autumn leaves & pumpkins please
- Whatever floats your gravy boat
- Thanks Fall. My muffin top is now a pumpkin roll.
- Thankful for hoodies and leggings
- Alexa, make Thanksgiving dinner
- “It’s not too much food. This is what we’ve been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny, our finest hour.” – Lorelai Gilmore
- In everything, Give Thanks (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
- May your hearts be as full as your plates
- Happy Thanksgiving (AKA: Christmas decorating eve)
- I’m just here for the dinner rolls
- “These are my Thanksgiving pants!” -Joey Tribbiani
- Feast mode
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough
- Talk turkey to me
- Turkey, football, nap
- I love to make a huge Thanksgiving dinner so my child can eat one roll
- Keep calm and pass the gravy
- Always thankful for pie
- “Happy needless-turkey-murder day.” -Phoebe Buffay
- Let our lives be full of thanks and giving
- When does hibernation start? I’d like to participate this year
- Thanksgiving: not a good day to be my pants
- Get your stretchy pants ready
- All about that baste
- “We may not be great thinkers or world leaders, we don’t read a lot or run very fast, but dammit we can eat!” -Joey Tribbiani
- Nobody puts gravy in a corner
- Praise the Lord & Pass the Pumpkin Pie
- We’re not eating for a year. Or til tomorrow morning. Whichever comes first (Gilmore Girls)
- May your turkey be moist (and may no one use that word to describe it)
- It’s not happy people who are thankful, but thankful people who are happy
- Pie is my main food group on Thanksgiving
- Thankful today and every day
- Turkey, pie, no politics
- “It’s Thanksgiving and we should not want to be together, together.” -Rachel Green
- Who’s ready for seconds?
- Wine is a side dish, right?
- Forget Pumpkin Spice, Peppermint Mocha Season is Coming!
I’ve gotta admit, I’m particularly partial to the Friends quotes – because who doesn’t love a good Friends Thanksgiving episode?!
Another fun letter board idea for Thanksgiving Day? Have each of your family members add one thing they’re thankful for to the letter board, in list form! It makes for a fun family activity and will remind you all what the day is all about. Plus, it’s perfect for smaller Thanksgiving celebrations and gatherings.
You could also write out the Thanksgiving menu or share the ingredients to a favorite Thanksgiving recipe on the board. Get creative with it, and have some fun!
If you want even more ideas for letter board quotes, I’ve got some fall (and Halloween) themed letter board ideas for you right here. If you decide to try out one of these quotes, tag us on Instagram so we can see your cute letter board!
Oh, and don’t worry – we’ll have some funny Christmas letter board quotes for you soon enough, too!